Using the Inclusion Works! Handbook and video resources, participants will:
- gain knowledge about the purpose of inclusive early learning practices and legislative mandates surrounding implementation.
- gain knowledge about the goal of Inclusive Early Learning and the rationale behind inclusion as well as the factors for high quality inclusion and eligibility criteria.
- gain knowledge of Universal Design (UD) to create inclusive learning environments that support the needs of diverse learners.
- gain knowledge about when and how to appropriately share concerns about development with a family and how to collaborate with families for successful inclusion.
- gain knowledge about how collaboration between a child’s family, educators, and specialists help to expand learning and enrich educational experiences.
- gain knowledge about how curriculum modifications are applicable for all children as a means to individualized learning strategies and increase children’s ability to participate.
- have an opportunity to translate their knowledge into skills by creating a learning experience using the principles of UD and Creative Curriculum Resources.
- explore curriculum modifications and the intentionality of use through thoughtful application of teaching behaviors.
Resources and References